University Hospital of Bern
- Clinical examination
- Evaluation of risk factors
- Hormonal laboratory examination
- Vascular evaluation with ultrasound
- Penile tumescence measurements
- Medical treatment
- Oral drugs: Viagra, Cialis, Levita
- Urethral suppositories containing prostaglandin (Aprostadil), like Muse® (Medicated Urethral Systems for Erections). Using a hand-held delivery device, a man inserts a prostaglandin pellet through the meatus (penis opening) into the urethra.
- Self-Injection: This involves a short needle to inject medication through the side of the penis directly into the corpus cavernosum, which produces an erection that lasts from 30 minutes to several hours. Prostaglandin (Alprostadil, Caverject®).